Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sweet Georgia!

As many of you know by now, we like to plan our family getaways at the last minute. It's actually quite amusing how the Navy has transformed us into a breed of drop everything and GO GO GO! Jared is on his pre-deployment leave so we decided a quick trip up to Savannah was in order. Considering Savannah is only a couple hours away, we wanted to take advantage of this time as a family before our daddy-o heads off for 6 months. We had an amazing time and the scenery was truly beautiful!
A passer-by took a quick snapshot of us - these family photos seem to be rare these days!

After dinner, I captured some FUN shots of Kennedy

This is one of the many historic homes in the downtown area

SCAD stands for Savannah College of Art and Design

One of many fountains in Savannah

Kennedy on our trolley ride - she called it her "trolley train"
Oktoberfest on the waterfront

4 comments:

alison said...

I just love Savannah! My brother got married in Savannah and we have been there a few times over the years. I'm so glad that you had some family time together. I promise that we'll connect this week. I'm just trying to get back into the swing of life.

alison said...

I also love your hair, Sam! The color is so cute on you as well as the cut. Absolutely beautiful!

Beth said...

Ya'll look so happy! I'm so glad you got to steal a little time away and be together as a family! I totally agree about the military making you flexible...I feel like it's definitely shown me when we can do something together we should drop everything and seize the moment! :) It looks like y'all have gotten good at that! p.s. I love your hair too! It is totally encouraging me to do what I've been toying with which is going less blonde and more "natural"! You look beautiful!

Sam said...

Thanks for the sweet comments guys!