Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Friend Luke


As I write this, I'm overcome with emotions and the tears are so hard to hold back. I hope this is not overstepping my boundaries; however, I know this blog reaches our friends and family and I need everyone who reads this to pray for our friend Luke. Luke is the son of our good friends Meghan and Ben and she called tonight with some heartbreaking news. Meghan felt a mass in Luke's stomach today. She immediately went to Wolfsons Children's Hospital and her concern has now become a reality. Luke has a tumor in his stomach which is cancerous. I don't know any other details but I ask that you join me in prayer for this precious two year old boy. He is full of life and has a smile that can cheer any soul! We love you Luke! Also, please pray that Meghan and Ben have the strength to get through this time - they are wonderful parents and I know this is a tremendously difficult time.

6 comments:

Beth said...

I'm heartbroken and sick to my stomach...I will pray for them everytime they come to mind.

Anonymous said...

My heart completely broke when I read your post. We will definitely pray for Luke and his family! Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

heather said...

I am so sorry to hear this! What an awful thing for that family to have to go through. I will keep them in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Meghan, Ben and Luke are blessed to have such loving friends. Samantha, you have a peaceful presence that brings comfort to those you meet. Jared, your strength is steadfast and you two will be a big support to them. Children are too precious to be felled by such scary circumstances, but we do not know the master plans. All we can do is have faith...God never gives us anything He knows we cannot handle. Your friends and little Luke will be in our deepest thoughts.

Unknown said...

I felt also sick when I heard the news this morning-Seeing him at Kennedy's party sooo happy and healthy-I am sure everyone out there is praying for the family and also for Jared and Sam-their special friends ,who will have the strength to help them thru this stressful time. We can always question God, but lets be thankful to Him for the friends and family we have been given who will be in our back pockets at a moments notice. God speed Luke

Kimberly said...

I can't even imagine how it felt for them to hear that news. I will be praying for them. Keep us posted on how he's doing!