Sunday, July 27, 2008

VBS!

Getting ready to take stage!

This past week, Kennedy experienced Vacation Bible School! Growing up, VBS was always something I looked forward too; my dad and Kathy sent us every summer and it was truly a great part of my childhood. Kennedy went Monday through Friday for 3 1/2 hours each day. Each morning that I dropped her off, I felt like my little Kennedy was growing up before my eyes. She came home with beautiful crafts and always greeted me with hugs and kisses. Throughout the week, they worked on several songs and tonight the church put on a recital for all the parents. She was so thrilled to have her biggest fans there cheering and encouraging her on! Jared and I were a little apprehensive about how she would perform on stage but she did great! She had rhythm and style - I guess all those silly dances and songs we do together paid off! As I looked at her on stage, I was overwhelmed with so many emotions. She has turned into this spunky spirited child that my heart continues to melts at. Many parents consider this stage (2's and 3's) challenging and trying; although we definitely have those days, these are the moments that being a parent is worth every battle!

8 comments:

Beth said...

SO CUTE!!! She is adorable and I know you are so proud! I can't believe she's old enough to go to VBS...which means Carter is almost old enough to go to VBS...YIKES!!! Where does the time go! :) On another note...I just noticed that you have Elizabeth Mitchell on your play list. I just discovered her music and LOVE IT! I kept thinking I've to email this to Sam, she'd love it. Of course you already found her...isn't she great! Miss you!

Kimberly said...

That is adorable! She's got some serious moves!!!

Kimberly said...

Oh yea! And I second loving Elizabeth Mitchell! Gotta love children's music that you like to listen to as much as them! Lisa Loeb's Catch the Moon is another good one.

Sam said...

I love Elizabeth Mitchell! Raffi is great too - he has a song called "Roots and Shoots" which is currently Kennedys favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kennedy, Landon, Sam and YES Jared (sorry Iforgot your Name - We (Granny Smith, Alice, Kerri and me are looking at your Web SITE) SO COOL....SURPRISED??? We are at The BREAD CO - LOVE all the pictures and your blog - Kennedy sure have dancing FEET...she must take after MOM..We love meeting ea other every so often to stay in touch and find what you guys are up to. Does Kennedy need any additional sun glasses?
LOVE TO ALL OF YOU FROM: GRANNY SMITH, ZOOM, ALICE AND KERRI.......

Anonymous said...

I just had a flashback-you at St Mary's during a Christmas program -same moves- I have to find the pic-The video gave me goosebumps

Beth said...

yea! can't wait to check out the cool music suggestions...I agree, it's the only thing I've found so far that doesn't drive me crazy! Sam, thanks so much for your encouraging comment...I know God is using this place we are in to teach me so much. Trusting Him completely is a daily exercise for me, but it is always reassuring to know we are exactly where He wants us to be. And on that note, I'm so thankful for you friendship, even if we are on opposite corners of america!

Anonymous said...

Kennedy,
I am so proud of you!
You'll have to call me andsing some of your new songs you learned at VBS.
Love You and give Mommy, Daddy and Landon a hug and kiss for me,
Granny Smith